David W. Towle, DO
- Phone Number:
- (740) 779-4134
- Fax Number:
- (740) 779-4178
- Graduate School
- Masters of Pathobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, Masters of Public Health, LaSalle University, Mandeville, LA
- Medical School
- College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery, University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Des Moines, Iowa
- AOA Traditional and ACGME Transitional Program Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Family Practice Residency Program, AOA and ACGME Approved, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Fellow of American Academy of Family Practice, Fellow of the Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators
- American Board of Family Practice, American Board of Osteopathic Family Medicine, American Board of Osteopathic Occupation Medicine (Eligible in Aerospace Medicine), Command Surgeon for the US Army Reserve Leal Command, Gaithersburg , MD and the Medical Advisor to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, OPM-FSF-Surg
- Professional Memberships
- The American Osteopathic Association, New York State Osteopathic Medical Society, Medical Society of the State of New York, The American Academy of Family Practice, The American College of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of the United States, U.S. Army Flight Surgeons Society, Jefferson County Medical Society, American College of Physician Executives, Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators, Knight Commander, Sovereign Military Order of Malta, Knight Chevalier, Order of Saint Joaquin
- Clinical Interests
- Undersea and hyperbaric medicine, Manipulative medicine-OMT, Aviation medicine
- Research Interests
- Heat Stress and Nation Building
- Married to Janet Anderson Towle and has two sons, Christopher and Daniel
After 37 years of military service, Dr. David Towle began practice at Adena Family Medicine – Main Campus, A Department of Adena Regional Medical Center, in Chillicothe, Ohio. Having served on nearly every continent, Dr. Towle found that when it comes to family medicine, everyone is seeking the same thing: a whole-person approach to medicine. As a doctor of osteopathy (DO), Dr. Towle combines manual medicine (spinal manipulation or massage therapy) with medical science in a holistic approach to achieve optimal health for all his patients. Dr. David Towle treats all ages from infancy to the elderly, often caring for entire generations of families.
At Adena Family Medicine, Dr. Towle is part of the academic team that provides the full spectrum of outpatient family medicine. Thirty-five years as a college level professor has helped Dr. Towle to understand how the mind, body and spirit work together for the health of his patients.
Dr. Towle’s patients find his background and experiences fascinating. He was the Medical Advisor to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the first DO to be knighted in recognition of his work in developing Eastern Europe’s medical infrastructure. Dr. Towle’s qualifications in undersea and hyperbaric medicine, osteopathic medicine, and aviation medicine aid him in providing treatments that treat the cause of the condition, not just alleviate the symptoms. Dr. Towle is considered an expert in the medical management of nuclear, biologic, radiologic and chemical weapons.