Adena Health System has named Jeffrey B. VanDeusen, MD, PhD, medical director of the Adena Cancer Center. Dr. VanDeusen, an oncologist, joined Adena last summer and has been instrumental in moving the Adena Cancer Center forward in its technology and services.
“Jeff brings a unique combination of skills and expertise to the role of medical director,” said Adena Chief Medical Officer Dr. John Fortney. “He is a respected expert in the treatment of cancer, and also has the leadership abilities, vision and passion to make the Adena Cancer Center the premiere cancer care facility in our region.”
Open since January 2012, the Adena Cancer Center offers patients in southern and south central Ohio the opportunity to receive the most advanced treatment, with the same state-of-the-art technology found in larger, urban centers.
“I’m excited to guide the direction of the Adena Cancer Center, and to share its many attributes with those in our region who may need our services one day,” said Dr. VanDeusen. “The specialists, technology and treatments we offer at the Adena Cancer Center rivals that of the largest cancer centers in Ohio. Our patients have the benefit of receiving world-class care in a serene, convenient location that is close to their homes and families.”
A few of the many services offered by the Adena Cancer Center include:
- A team of highly-trained experts in Oncology, Hematology and Radiation Oncology.
- State-of-the-art infusion center offering the most up-to-date treatments available.
- Clinical trials as a member of the Columbus Clinical Oncology Program.
- The latest advancements in radiation therapy including: respiratory-gated stereotactic radiosurgery; brachytherapy; catheter-based radiation for breast cancer patients; as well as prone breast radiation therapy.
- Genetic counseling in partnership with the OSU James Cancer Hospital.
- Advanced interventional radiology services including catheter-based ablation and chemoembolization.
- Minimally-invasive robotic cancer surgery.
Dr. VanDeusen, whose specialty is in diagnosing and treating cancer and blood disorders, is a graduate of The Ohio State University, training at The James Cancer Center. In addition, he completed his residency in Internal Medicine, and his fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
A Chillicothe resident, Dr. VanDeusen and his wife Mandy are the parents of a four-year old, and twin two-year olds.