The pediatricians at Adena Pediatrics in Chillicothe, Ohio, live, work and play in the community so they see their patients not only when they are ill but also when they are involved in school, religious, or sporting events. Pediatricians are specialists trained to treat children from birth to 18 years old. The doctors at Adena Pediatrics are board certified through the American Academy of Pediatrics, which means they bring the latest care and treatments to your children. Pediatricians deal with congenital defects, genetic variances, and developmental issues more often than doctors who primarily treat adults.
The pediatricians at Adena Pediatrics, located in the Adena Medical Office Building, take care of newborns, children, and adolescents, offering preventive health maintenance for healthy children and medical care for sick and chronically ill children. Parents can choose the provider from within the practice that they prefer.
Adena Pediatrics provides the following services:
- Well child check-up: Physical exams help determine growth and development, as well as early detection of possible medical issues. Preventive care is important to keeping children healthy. Pediatricians discuss childhood milestones with parents during office visits.
- Immunizations: Electronic medical records allow every pediatrician within Adena access to immunization records.
- Adena Pediatric Urgent Care: This is the only pediatric urgent care in southern Ohio. Pediatricians from Adena Pediatrics work at the Adena Pediatric Urgent Care, providing seamless communication about your child’s condition.
- Level 2 Special Care Unit: The pediatricians at Adena Pediatrics provide care for newborns in this nursery, located within the Women’s and Children’s Inpatient Unit, as well as providing all inpatient well-baby care.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital: Adena works in collaboration with this hospital and can assist with a referral if your child needs testing not provided through the Adena Health System.
- Appointments: Pediatricians at Adena Pediatrics usually see children the day that care is requested; if it’s late in the day, an appointment the next morning may be made available. Saturday morning appointments also are available. Adena Pediatric Urgent Care can provide care when it is needed quickly.
- Inpatient Pediatric Unit: Adena Pediatrics can admit children to the inpatient unit when more specialized care is needed.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Phone Number: 740-779-4300
Fax Number: 740-779-4391