Our inpatient unit provides quality care close to home
As a 25-bed community hospital, we are able to provide the quality care you need in your own community. Adena Greenfield Medical Center is a CARF-accredited facility, which means that we focus on certain quality standards for stroke care and rehabilitation. And through our affiliation with Adena Health System, we are able to offer residents of the Greenfield area access to higher-intensity services, such as our Intensive/Cardiac Care Unit and cardiac telemetry unit, as well as specialized services such as maternity and pediatrics.
The inpatient unit at Adena Greenfield Medical Center provides general adult acute care to a wide range of patients, including but not limited to those with the following diagnoses:
- Congestive heart failure
- Urinary tract infections
We also provide outpatient antibiotic therapy and blood infusion, so you can stay close to home for these procedures.
Our Surgical Department provides pre- and post-operative care for patients undergoing outpatient surgical procedures, including:
- General surgery, such as laparoscopic gallbladder surgery and hernia repair
- Gynecological surgery
- ENT surgery, including tonsillectomy and myringotomy (ear tubes)
- Endoscopic procedures, including routine colonoscopies
At Adena Greenfield Medical Center, you’ll be cared for by familiar faces whom are focused on helping you recover and get back to your regular activities as soon as possible. Our medical and rehab staff meets daily to discuss every patient’s care and progress to ensure we’re doing all we can to help you get well. Here are just a few of the ways our excellent staff is here to serve you:
- We have a physician available 24/7
- Our nursing staff of R.N.s are trained to care for both medical and rehab patients
- We have wound care nurses available Monday through Friday
- An infection control nurse is on site Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- We consult daily and even hourly with specialists, surgeons, and nurse navigators throughout Adena Health System to ensure continuity of care
- We offer respiratory therapy to all patients who need it
- Dr. David Roberts, cardiologist, is on site three days a week
- Dr. McEntyre, our psychiatric physician, is available to consult with patients one day a week
- Our social worker is available to assist with discharge planning so you can plan for a safe return home
- Adena dieticians can follow our patients daily, and are available weekly, to help ensure your nutrition is contributing to your recovery
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.