Whether it is an emergency or a routine test, Adena Pike Medical Center offers extensive, around-the-clock diagnostic and therapeutic services. Our services help accurately diagnose, manage, and treat a variety of conditions to help patients return to their daily lives quickly and conveniently.
A physician order is required for all services. For more information, or to schedule a test, please call us at 740-947-2186.
Diagnostic Imaging Services
An inside view of your body, its organs, bones, and systems is essential to help physicians accurately diagnose and treat you. At Adena Pike Medical Center, we offer expansive imaging services including:
- X-Ray/Radiography uses a form of electromagnetic radiation to detect variations in density and composition
- Ultrasound, which uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of your organs, muscles, tendons, joints, and blood vessels
- CT scan, or computerized tomography, a technology that uses X-ray images and computers to reconstruct detailed 2D slices of the body or even generate a 3-D image of a structure inside the body
- Nuclear medicine (inpatient), which uses very small amounts of radioactive materials that are detected by special cameras
Cardiac Diagnostic Testing
You can rely on Cardiopulmonary Services at Adena Pike Medical Center to assist you regarding your heart health. We provide testing designed to help your physician diagnose and monitor treatment of heart disease including:
- Nuclear medicine studies
- Electocardiograms (EKG) to evaluate the electrical activity of your heart
- Holter monitoring, which involves wearing a small device for 24 to 48 hours to record your heart’s rhythms
- Echocardiograms, which use ultrasound waves to re-create a highly detailed real-time picture of your moving heart
- Vascular studies use ultrasound to noninvasively assess blood flow in your vascular system (veins and arteries)
Pulmonary Diagnostic Testing
- Pulmonary function tests (PFT) to measure your lung volume and how well your lungs take in and release air
- Tests to measure blood gases
From PSA (prostate specific antigen) tests and Pap smears to blood glucose and cholesterol tests, the Laboratory Services at Adena Pike Medical Center plays an integral role in the diagnosis, treatment, and recovery of our patients. Our lab performs a broad range of diagnostic testing services, upon physician order.
Emergency services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.