We want you to be aware of your rights as a patient under Adena Health System’s policy and Federal and State law.
Adena Health System cares about and respects your right to determine the course of your treatment.
We want you to be aware of your rights as a patient under Adena Health System’s policy and Federal and State law. You have the right to:
- Necessary treatment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or source of payment.
- Be treated with respect. This includes respect for religious and cultural beliefs, and emotional needs.
- Accept or refuse medical treatment to the extent permitted by law. You have the right to expect that we will do everything possible to control your pain, regardless of whether you accept or refuse recommended treatment.
- Have us explain things to you in a way you can understand so that you can make informed decisions about your care. This includes your condition, likelihood of recovery, procedures that may be done, risks, benefits and side effects of those procedures and any medically reasonable alternatives. This also includes a foreign language or sign-language interpreter for you or your caregiver at no cost.
- Expect us to perform any testing or medical procedures in the safest possible manner.
- A safe environment that is free from any concerns of harassment or abuse, humiliation, neglect and/or financial or other exploitation.
- Not be restricted in your movements unless medically indicated. You have the right to expect us to follow the strictest guidelines for the use of restraints and seclusion.
- Be informed (or have your support person informed where appropriate) of your visitation rights and hours, including any clinical restriction or limitation on these rights. This means that you have a right to privacy and may have visitors whom you choose, including a domestic partner (including same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend; and you have the right to refuse to see any visitor that you designate.
- Ensure that all your visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with your preferences; whether they are related to you or not. This means that Adena Health System will not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- Confidentiality of your treatment, diagnosis, and medical records unless you give us authorization or as otherwise allowed by law. You have the right to ask us not to reveal that you are a patient of Adena Health System.
- Be involved in all aspects of your care, including the right to request second opinions and/or to consult with other physicians at your own expense.
- Know the name of the person who is caring for you and his/her professional status. You have the right to know who is responsible for ordering and performing a procedure or treatment for you.
- Access protective services, e.g., guardianship and advocacy groups or Adult/Child Protective Services.
- Be informed of and participate in (or not participate in) any educational, public health, or clinical research or other experimental project if these affect your care or treatment.
- Transfer to another facility at your request or with your consent after receiving an explanation of the need for transfer and alternatives to the transfer, if the receiving facility agrees.
- Prepare advance directives, such as Living Will or a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care. Upon request, Adena Health System can provide assistance with the completion of these documents. A patient (i) who is unable to understand and/or make decisions regarding his or her care; (ii) who cannot communicate his or her wishes; or (iii) who is under the legal age of 18 and is not otherwise emancipated, has the right to have decisions made on the patient’s behalf by his or her parent/ guardian, next of kin, or legally authorized representative.
If you have any question or complaint about any services provided by Adena Health System, we encourage you to talk with your doctor, nurse, or the manager of the department or office where you are receiving services.
If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please call our Patient Comment line at 740-779-7364 or 1-877-779-7364. Please be assured that bringing your issue to our attention will not result in any form of retaliation or barrier to receiving services. You also have the right to write the Ohio Department of Health, PCSU, at 246 North High Street, 3rd Floor, Columbus, OH 43215, or by telephone at 1-800-342-0553, from 8:00 am to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.Show More
We offer a variety of practices at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty practices; we want to help you get better quicker.Show More Show Less
Adena Family Medicine - Residency Clinic
Adena Family Medicine-Main Campus
Adena Hospitalist Group
Adena Occupational Health
Adena Palliative Care
Adena Pre-Admission Testing
Adena Urgent Care for Children
After Hours Attention: Urgent Care just for kids
AMG Internal Scheduling