Ask your doctor to refer you to Adena Pike Medical Center for your rehabilitation needs
When an injury or illness robs you or a loved one of your ability to perform daily tasks or physical activities, the rehabilitation specialists at Adena Pike Medical Center are focused on providing you with the fullest recovery possible. We are committed to helping patients relieve pain, regain movement, overcome physical disabilities, return to work, facilitate communication, and rebuild confidence.
Our team works together to help patients regain skills to make life easier. They collaborate closely with your physician to develop and implement therapy regiments designed to meet your specific needs. This personalized service is what puts APMC Rehabilitation a step above the rest.
Inpatient Therapy Services (Swing bed program)
APMC offers swing bed admissions for rehabilitation and nursing needs, with treatment based on the individual goals of our patients. Swing beds are essentially SNF (skilled nursing facility) beds within a hospital setting. As part of this program, we provide therapy to our patients who need rehab before returning home after a surgery or illness. Patients who need wound care or IV antibiotics also may qualify for this program. Therapy is provided six days a week using a variety of treatment venues on our campus including: a rehabilitation gym; ADL gym with functional kitchen, bathroom and laundry facilities; and activities area. Patients are encouraged to participate in functional trial visits and home safety visits with our staff to ensure they can safely return to their homes
Our inpatient therapy programs include:
• Physical Therapy: Our full-service unit, complete with state-of-the-art rehabilitative equipment, assists individuals in restoring lost body functions or in adapting their lifestyles to accommodate those lost functions. APMC Physical Therapy works with both children and adult patients in establishing realistic rehabilitation goals. The department instructs and assists with techniques designed to increase strength where lost body functions are concerned, and also assists patients in coping with long-term disabilities.
• Occupational Therapy: Our Occupational Therapy unit simulates a home atmosphere, with a full kitchen and bathroom to provide patients with customized treatment programs aimed at improving their daily activities of living. We treat individuals of all ages, including children with developmental delays, individuals with work-related injuries, patients recovering from stroke or heart attack, or living with arthritis or multiple sclerosis.
• Speech Therapy: Our dedicated Speech Therapists help patients to restore function in the areas of swallowing, cognition, speech volume and clarity.
For questions regarding our Swing Bed program or Inpatient Therapy Services, please contact our Social Services department at 740-947-6389.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
We provide high-quality care designed to get patients back to their normal routine as soon as possible. Therapists are available for treatment in the following areas:
- Pediatric developmental rehabilitation
- Sports injury therapy
- Stroke and neuromuscular
- Traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Hand rehabilitation
- Back and neck pain
- Whirlpool therapy
- Swallowing evaluation/treatment
- Language therapy, voice therapy and articulation therapy
- Work conditioning program
APMC Youth Rehabilitation Services
Our Rehabilitation Department also offers Youth Rehabilitation Services, which provides Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy to APMC youth outpatients—birth to school-aged children. We offer comprehensive rehabilitation in a gross motor and sensory gym, along with two treatment areas in a distraction-free environment. Children with developmental delays or those who have been diagnosed with disorders, such as Down Syndrome also benefit from these services.
You can contact our pediatric site at Pike Early Intervention by calling 740-289-1681.
Browse our medical staff, read bios and watch videos to find a doctor that best fits you and your family.
We offer a variety of departments at our many locations throughout southern Ohio. From primary care to specialty departments; we want to help you get better quicker.