- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
Services at Adena Urology
Specialties at Adena Urology
Adena Urology located in the Adena Medical Office Building in Chillicothe, Ohio offers comprehensive care for diseases of the urinary tracts of men and women and the reproductive system in men. The urologists diagnose, treat, and manage patients with urological disorders involving the kidneys, urinary tract, bladder, and prostrate. Adena Urology offers diagnostic testing for cancers of prostrate, bladder, kidneys, ureters, testicles and penis.
The urologists at Adena Urology treat conditions that can result from neurological diseases and disorders, such as urinary incontinence, urinary retention and painful or frequent urination.
Adena Urology offers the latest technology and surgical procedures close to home. Clinics located in Jackson, Circleville, Waverly, Greenfield and Washington Court House offer patients quality care in their community.
A few of the procedures offered are:
- Screenings for Prostate Cancer: This is the most common cancer affecting men and results in more than 40,000 deaths annually. Early detection and prompt treatment greatly improve survival rates. A rectal exam and blood test (Prostate Specific Antigen – PSA) aid with early detection of prostate issues. The American Cancer Society recommends men over 50 years of age have a rectal exam and PSA annually. Family history and ethnicity can increase risks of developing prostate cancer. Discuss risk factors with any of the Adena urologists or your primary care physician.
- Non-Scalpel Vasectomy: A vasectomy is a minor surgical procedure resulting in male sterilization by restricting the passage of sperm from the testicles. Non-scalpel vasectomy is similar to conventional vasectomy except the incision is smaller and no stitches are required. Performed in the urologist’s office, patients go home the same day and are able to return to normal activities in a short period of time. Remember: vasectomy results are not immediate and can take several months for complete elimination of sperm. Until confirmation by a urologist that there are no remaining sperm, use other forms of birth control.
- GreenLight Laser Therapy: A minimally invasive treatment for enlarged prostate disease. This procedure offers freedom and advantages not seen with more invasive treatment procedures. GreenLight laser therapy uses high powered laser energy to evaporate prostate tissue blocking the flow of urine from the bladder. Since the laser cauterizes the blood vessels, there is less bleeding, fewer side effects and quicker recovery than traditional surgery. This treatment is suitable for many patients with enlarged prostate disease and offers an alternative treatment for patients taking blood thinning medications.
- Our urologists specialize in robotic-assisted surgery for urological conditions and perform dozens of procedures each month using the da Vinci® surgical system. This leading edge technology is minimally invasive and the precision of robotic technology is ideal for delicate and complex urologic surgeries.
Phone Number: 740-779-4370
Fax Number: 740-779-4379