- Department of:
- Adena Regional Medical Center
- Adena Pike Medical Center
Specialties at Adena Surgical
Show More Show Less
Adena Surgical, located in the Adena Medical Office Building in Chillicothe, Ohio, specializes in providing many types of surgeries with quality results. The most common surgeries performed include mastectomies and lumpectomies to treat breast cancer, gallbladder removal (including the single site robotic-assisted technique), endoscopy (EGD), colonoscopies, all types of hernia repairs, and appendectomies.
Surgery is invasive medical treatment to remove diseased or damaged tissue and repair or replace damaged bones. The surgeons at Adena Surgical truly care about their patients and are dedicated to giving them the best possible medical care. Every patient receives kind and efficient treatment. Through Adena’s electronic medical records system, patients and primary care physicians can easily access surgery reports and results.
Physicians at Adena represent the best of each specialty. Seeking medical treatment from Adena means that patients in Chillicothe, Ohio, and surrounding communities receive big-city services without having to leave the area.
Types of surgery performed at Adena Surgical include:
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery: This cutting-edge technology allows surgeons to perform surgery using a computer that remotely controls very small instruments attached to robotic arms. Robotic surgeries are less invasive, which promotes quicker healing time.
- Open Surgery: These procedures involve opening a portion of the patient’s body to remove diseased organs, tumors or fix problems. At the end of the surgery, sutures or staples close the incision.
- Laparoscopic Surgery: Typically performed on the abdominal area or for orthopedic problems, especially knee injuries, this procedure uses small instruments inserted through small incisions. This promotes quicker healing to allow the patient to return to a normal, daily lifestyle quicker.
- Vascular Surgery: This specialized surgery is dedicated to treating problems with veins and arteries. It is used to manage medical therapies, catheter procedures, and surgical reconstruction.
- Endoscopic Treatments: This minimally invasive surgery uses a scope to view the inside of an organ or body cavity.
Phone Number: 740-779-4550
Print All Biographies