In 1895, the Women’s Board, then known as the Board of Lady Managers, along with a dozen local churches, founded the Chillicothe Hospital. The original board was responsible for management of the early hospital, as well as fund raising. Today, the Women’s Board devotes its efforts to three annual fundraising events – the February Caring Hearts appeal, Spring Plant sale and December Charity Ball.
In 2012, the Women’s Board assisted the hospital and the Foundation by contributing proceeds of their fundraising. After completing an $85,000 pledge in 2011 to the PACCAR Medical Education Center, last year the Women’s Board pledged $100,000 toward construction of a Healing Garden at the Adena Cancer Center. The Women’s Board also contributes to the Volunteer Scholarship Fund.