Supporting the development of programs that improve the health and well being of our community.
Individuals, estates, business and industry, foundations and others can influence the health and healthcare future of Southern Ohio. The Foundation maintains designated funds to help you match your gifts with your interests and charitable intent.
- Charity Care helps pays healthcare expenses for Adena patients who have insufficient financial resources to pay for their care.
- Friends of Hospice donations ensure that patients with limited financial resources receive end-of-life care without worrying about how their care will be paid for or its impact on their families.
- Dr. James R. Manchester Memorial Endowment for Imaging Technology Education
- Gordon F. Streicher Memorial Scholarship Endowment for Medical Laboratory Technology
- Healthcare Scholarships Endowment
- Volunteer Scholarships Funds
- Reginald C. Blue Fund for Nursing Scholarships
- PACCAR Medical Education Center Scholarship Endowment Fund
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church/William Nolan Endowment
- Stephen Fleischer Scholarship Endowment
- Junior Civic League Scholarship Endowment
- Eagles Aerie 600/Herbie Retherford Memorial Scholarship Endowment
Funds that Improve Patient Care, Facilities, Technology, Education and Prevention
- PACCAR Medical Education Center Building Fund, Scholarship Fund and Endowment Fund.
- Cancer Fund for special projects, education and outreach regarding cancer.
- Diabetes Fund for special projects, education and outreach regarding diabetes.
- Heart Fund for special projects, education and outreach regarding cardiac health.
- Geriatrics for special projects, education and outreach regarding elder health.
- Patient Care Technology Fund purchases new healthcare equipment.
- Pediatrics & Child Health Fund for special projects, education and outreach regarding child health and well-being.
- Women's & Children's Services Building Fund for construction and renovation.
- Women's Health Fund for special projects, education and outreach regarding women's health.
Funds that Support Community Initiatives
- Health Communities Fund for special projects, education and outreach for improving community health and well-being.
- Where Needed Most Fund to fulfill priority needs as authorized by the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Operating Endowment Fund to provide for the long-term sustainability of the Foundation.
- Board of Trustees Fund for special projects or needs identified by the Adena Health System Board of Trustees.
Adena Healthcare Scholarships from the Foundation are made possible each year through the fundraising efforts of the Volunteer Advisory Council (Sugarloaf Gift Shop), the Women's Board (annual Charity Ball and Spring Plant Sale) and contributions from employees and the public. A 1994 bequest from the late Reginald C. Blue established the nursing scholarship fund, which contributed $100,000 in 2005 to begin the scholarship endowment.
Contributions to scholarship funds are always encouraged and greatly appreciated, especially from students who have benefited and are now practicing their profession in the healthcare world.
For more information about the Adena Health Foundation or to make a donation, call 740-779-7774.