Concerns and Complaints
We want you to be healthy and happy
What should I do if I have a complaint or concern?
We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion. Your feedback helps us to improve our patient care and services. If you have any question or complaint about any services provided by Adena Health System, we encourage you to talk with your doctor, nurse, or the manager of the department or office where you are receiving services.
If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please call our Patient Comment line at 740-779-7364 or 1-877-779-7364. Please be assured that bringing your issue to our attention will not result in any form of retaliation or barrier to receiving services.
Do I have to file a formal complaint if I call?
No. Many patients simply request assistance with an issue. The patient reserves the right to file a formal complaint if they so desire.
Will my conversation with the Patient Advocate be confidential?
Yes, we will not investigate without the patient’s permission unless serious safety concerns exist.
What are my rights?
When to call the Patient Advocacy Office:
The Patient Advocacy Oﬃce is here to help you with:
– Concerns about our services
– Concerns about our care
– Concerns about our employees
– Compliments to our staﬀ
– Requests for information
When not to call the Patient Advocacy Office:
The Patient Advocacy Oﬃce will try to assist you as best we can, however, a Patient Advocate is NOT the best individual to help you with:
– Locating lost belongings: If you are/were an inpatient, please call the unit that is/ was responsible for your care. If you are/were an outpatient, please speak with the practice manager of the outpatient unit. To ﬁle a lost items report, please contact the Adena Security Oﬃce at 740-779-7505
– Questions about billing or health insurance: Please call the Business Oﬃce at 740-779-4470 or 800-975-7541.
– Finding a primary care physician: Please call the Physician Referral Line at 740-779-3463.
– Requests for medical records: Please call Medical Records at 740-779-7640.
- If you have concerns about your privacy, please contact the Compliance Officer at 877-373-0124